You have no items in your shopping cart.
- Decorate Your Shoes! Create One-of-a-Kind Footwear — Review by Annette Mira-Bateman
What an exciting book this is! The dedication in the front says it all: "This book is dedicated to all the quilters who dare to do something different, dare to be creative and dare to have fun."
You'll be similarly inspired when you see what can be done with plain white footwear. The pros and cons of different types of shoes are discussed, as are the types of fabric markers, permanent markers and paints you can use.
Annemart advises on the best preparation methods needed for the different shoe surfaces. Her 'grocery list' is a useful summary of what you'll need to get started. Apart from the actual designs painted on the shoes, there is information on types of embellishments and shoelaces. Buttons, beads and even crystals can be brought into play.
There are 11 painted and decorated shoe projects in this book. Patterns are included to show how our quilting designs like flying geese, log cabins, hexagons, crazy patchwork, clam shells and feathers can be worked on your shoes to create unique additions to your wardrobe.
I can't wait to get started. That quilt I'm doing will just have to wait. I have some colored markers. I'm off to buy white shoes! --Review by Annette Mira-Bateman from www.QuiltBlockoftheMonthClub.com
(as published in Premium Online Quilt Magazine – Vol. 3 No. 8, August 2012)
(Posted on 8/3/12)
- Decorate Your Shoes by Annemart Berendse — Review by Diane C. Donovan, Editor
- DECORATE YOUR SHOES; CREATE ONE-OF-A-KIND FOOTWEAR offers 11 fun designs and keys to using paints, pens, markers and more to decorate canvas, vinyl, leather and more. This offers an activity that adults and kids alike will appreciate, and methods that can apply to sneakers, thongs, and all kids of footwear. Tired of boring white? DECORATE YOUR SHOES offers perfect artistic alternatives satisfying to crafters and any interested in colorful design alternatives. --James A. Cox, Editor-in-Chief, Diane C. Donovan, Editor, The California Bookwatch, Midwest Book Review, July 2012. (Posted on 7/18/12)
- Decorate Your Shoes — Review by Patty Martin
- This book will definitely be put to use this summer. I plan to use it with my quilting friends and my quilting friends plan to use it with their grandkids. There are lots of detailed instructions on what surfaces work best (canvas, rubber or vinyl, man-made leather, or leather), what paints and markers to use, suggested patterns, how to draw those patterns on the shoes, what to do if you make mistakes, and lots more. This will definitely be a fun summer project with my friends! (Posted on 5/21/12)
- Decorate Your Shoes: Create One-of-a-Kind Footwear — Review by Kathie R Kerler
- There's something for everyone, no matter the type of shoes you wear. Eye-catching quilt designs are featured on sneakers, clogs, flats, sandals, crocs and high tops. Step-by-step instructions accompany each design and patterns are available in the back of the book. The techniques look doable for anyone. (Posted on 4/18/12)
- Embellism your shoe — Review by Anonymous
- It is nice to look at. But, you need to explain more how you did it. By hand or did you use your sewing machine. (Posted on 4/4/12)