You have no items in your shopping cart.
- Precut Bonanza! 200 Pieced Blocks from Cut Strips and Shapes — Review by Gretchen
What I like best about this book is the fact that it gives directions for using precuts to make blocks, thereby enabling you to design your own quilts. The Library of Blocks contains blocks in the following sizes – 6″, 8″, 10″, 12″, 14″ and 16″. The blocks are numbered, not named, and many are quite intricate. They are made from specific units of specific sizes. These units are described near the beginning of the book. For each block, the necessary units are listed so you can easily make the block.
There is also a section on methods for expanding design opportunities and three sampler quilts. Throughout the book there are Kimberly’s Top Tips, some of which were new to me and all very useful. The inspiration gallery is quite appropriately named.
The bottom line is that this book is a definite keeper as a reference book. I’m looking forward to designing my own samplers using these blocks and maybe even designing some blocks using these units. Care to join me? (Posted on 5/8/13)
- Precut Bonanza! — Review by pjmartin
- I recently won a huge basket of stuff at a quilt show and it contained two jelly rolls. These are the first pre-cuts in my stash so this book is just perfect for me! I can easily browse thru the gallery of blocks and pick out the blocks that are perfect for jelly rolls. Kimberly includes a lot of good tips on not only how to set various colors and values in these blocks, but she includes tips on sewing some of these blocks, tips on designing a full quilt, includes several examples of quilts and includes templates for cutting some of the pieces needed for some of the blocks. Everything you need for the blocks she includes in the book are in the book. A beginner can easily use this book, but a more experienced quilter can get a lot out of it as well. (Posted on 12/31/12)
- Precut Bonanza! 200 Pieced Blocks From Cut Strips & Shapes — Review by Kathie R Kerler
- Great reference for a tremendous variety of traditional blocks in sizes from 6" to 16". The photo illustrations on how to cut and piece a perfect Lone Star are excellent. I also found Precuts 101 which gives actual yardage for Jelly Rolls, Layer Cakes, etc. informative. (Posted on 9/19/12)