You have no items in your shopping cart.
- New York Beauty Simplified — Review by Annette Mira-Bateman
- This book already has me feeling good about it even before I have finished the introduction. The technique is “very untraditional and we are going to break some rules” we are told. Linda goes on: “It is my opinion that quilting should be FUN and not stressful.” I can’t wait to get started! Linda Hahn’s book has 21 projects of different sizes. There are numerous possibilities for design changes. She also includes suggested quilting patterns. The simplified New York Beauty block featured in this book has just one row of points, but with Linda Hahn’s clever use of color, fabrics and design she is able to demonstrate a huge array of very different styles of quilt. There will be something for everyone in this book. The instructions are clear, with photographs and illustrations to make these techniques easy to follow. Her troubleshooting hints cover a lot of ground. - By Annette Mira-Bateman from www.QuiltBlockoftheMonthClub.com, Online Quilt Magazine – Vol. 2 No. 10 (Posted on 2/20/12)
- New York Beauty Simplified — Review by Frog Hollow Designs
- With Linda’s out of the box technique, you will create a New York Beauty block using ONE pin!! There will be no more agonizing over setting in curves once you experience the WOW. Linda discusses how merely changing the setting and/or fabrics will change the “flavor” of your quilt and she will also cover numerous ways to quilt your top once it’s finished! (Posted on 10/19/11)
- New York Beauty Simplified — Review by James A. Cox, Edtor-in-Chief
- Linda J. Hahn's NEW YORK BEAUTY SIMPLIFIED provides a fine survey of the New York Beauty block pattern and provides a simple paper-piecing techniques resulting in perfect New York Beauty blocks. Over twenty projects range from wallhangings and small projects to full quilts in a guide that offers quilting patterns for each project. --James A. Cox, Editor-in-Chief, The Bookwatch, Midwest Book Review, March 2011. (Posted on 3/11/11)
- New York Beauty Simplified — Review by Vivian Benton
- Let me start by saying I LOVE the New York Beauty design. So when I saw this book, I knew I was in love all over again. These are not just New York beauty designs, they are New York beauty designs simplified! Linda’s simple, paper-piecing methods and out-of-the-box construction methods are guaranteed to give you a perfect block every time. And the quilts are eye-popping beautiful. (Posted on 2/4/11)
- New York Beauty Simplified — Review by Patti Carey
- I just received a copy of your beautiful “New York Beauty Simplified” today –– thank you so much! The quilts are gorgeous, and the book is a delight to look at –– very well done. (Posted on 1/17/11)
- New York Beauty Simplified — Review by Kathy Niemann
- This is my VERY favorite block but I had found it too intimidating to make until this book. I like the settings/the contrast of light and dark, and the layering of the block itself. So many quilts with so many different looks. Half sun or full sun. Paper pieced techniques take a lot of the difficulty out of this very fantastic block. (Posted on 1/14/11)
- New York Beauty Simplified — Review by "Subversive Stitchers" blog
New York Beauty Simplified by Linda J. Hahn may be just what you need to ease into points, paper piecing, and curved piecing. Linda, in her introduction reassures us Subversive Stitchers that "The technique you are about to learn is very un-traditional; we are going to break some rules. I have a very relaxed style and I do not like to stress or agonize. It is my opinion that quilting should be FUN and not stressful."
Circles, half circles, quarter circles, serpentine arrangements, and more fill this book. She also offers a variety of photos of many quilts to show off fabric choices. Perhaps it is simply my mood, my need for inspiration, but I found this book upbeat and easy to follow and most of all, calling to my creative urges to give it a try. (Posted on 1/11/11)