You have no items in your shopping cart.
- Fabulous Quilting Ideas! — Review by Patty Martin
- Fabulous Feathers & Fillers -- Design & Machine Quilting Techniques — Review by The Applique Society
- Anyone learning to master the art of machine quilting will simply love this book! Sue Nickels is a master quilter and shares her knowledge of machine quilting using a home machine. Inspired by Gwen Marston, Sue discovered she could free-motion machine quilt feathers. Not only could she machine quilt feathers she could also design feathers to be any size, shape, or style to fit in any area of a quilt top. Sue’s list of supplies is very extensive and detailed including suggestions on setting up a well-planned sewing room. There are two methods to design your feathers, drawing them or creating freehand feathers. Important lessons in designing different styles of feathers to fit specific spaces as well as creating whole cloth feathers are featured. Machine quilting the feathers make up a good part of the book with photos, diagrams and skill building exercises. You can’t have feathers without fillers and Sue covers that topic as well. The book concludes with practice exercises and nine projects. You too will be a master quilter by the time you work your way through the book...or at least you will have confidence to quilt your own quilts! A must have book for your skills building library. (Posted on 9/13/13)
- Fabulous Feathers & Fillers — Review by James A. Cox, Editor-in-Chief
- "Fabulous Feathers & Fillers: Design & Machine Quilting is packed with clear directions on designing and quilting different types of feathers, then applying them to quilting pursuits. Directions cover the the basics of machine quilting on a home machine and include coverage of fillers, using 9 projects to build skill and experience. It also includes the pattern and instructions for the award-winning Tea at Tenby quilt she created with her sister. Any quilter looking to learn machine quilting in general and feathers and fillers will find this a winner." --James A. Cox, Editor-in-Chief, The Midwest Book Review, California Book Watch, July 2013 (Posted on 9/4/13)
- Fabulous Feathers & Fillers — Review by Christine N. Brown
- Sue Nickels has produced another excellent, comprehensive reference book for machine quilters. This latest title focuses on designing and free-motion quilting different types of feathers along with creating graceful, consistent fillers to give those feathers dimension. In addition to valuable chapters on design, Sue takes you through the entire process from choosing supplies to marking and basting. Although primarily aimed at home machine quilters, the design section and many of the machine quilting techniques are equally useful for mid-arm and longarm quilters. The last section of the book features nine small wholecloth quilt projects featuring Sue’s feather designs. (Posted on 4/20/13)