You have no items in your shopping cart.
- New York Beauty Diversified — Review by Annette Mira-Bateman
Linda's first book, "New York Beauty Simplified"
demonstrated simple paper piecing techniques
for making these quilt blocks.
Quilters are often put off by the thought of
curves and fine points in quilts, but Linda's clear
and concise instructions will have everyone from
beginners to experienced sewers easily producing
New York Beauty quilt blocks.
This new book combines 8 traditional quilt blocks
with the New York Beauty patterns.
The 19 projects will leave you spoilt for choice -
the only problem being where to start. The basic
instructions in the first section are clear and easy
Hints and tips along the way will soon have you
mixing and matching blocks to create unique
quilted projects of your own.
The quilting designs are shown in detail and can
be a valuable resource for use on your future
quilts. If you've ever had an urge to try New York
Beauty blocks, then this is the book for you. (Posted on 9/13/13)
- New York Beauty Diversified — Review by Gretchen
I read through the first section (the basic instructions) and really enjoyed how thorough and easy to follow they were. I sort of expect this from a quilting book so that didn’t surprise me. Then I started going through the quilt patterns and flagging (don’t you just love Post-It flags?) the ones I might someday want to make. And I flagged all of them. How will I ever decide which to do first? (Maybe I shouldn’t purchase the other book!)
So if you think you might be interested in making some New York Beauty blocks, I strongly recommend that you check out this book. You won’t be disappointed. At least, I wasn’t! (Posted on 5/8/13)
- New York Beauty Diversified — Review by Christine Brown
- Most quilters are initially intimidated by the New York Beauty block pattern because of its curves and sharp points, but quilts made from this pattern are stunning. Using a combination of “stress-free” template and foundation-piecing techniques, Linda takes the reader step by step through the construction of this block and offers many tips and suggestions along the way. I found all of the 14 included projects quite appealing. (Posted on 2/28/13)
- New York Beauty Diversified — Review by Kathie R Kerler
- Linda combines the basic New York Beauty block with a variety of complementary blocks, mixing and matching to create over a dozen designs, each with a surprisingly different and unique look. She gives some great tips in the instruction section regarding fabric selection and construction techniques. Each quilt shows suggested quilting designs in detail. Even if you don't use these designs for the quilts in the book, they are a great reference for future quilts. (Posted on 2/25/13)