You have no items in your shopping cart.
Whip up fun, fashionable bags, purses, and totes in no time! Stuff! Everybody has stuff they need to carry around with them. Make life prettier when you sew any of these 10 delightful purse projects: Handbags for fun and flair. Messenger bags for working people on the go. Shoulder bags for busy moms. Backpacks for the kids. Eco bags for shopping. Tote bags for everything else. The book includes easy-to-follow instructions plus full-size patterns on the CD for no fuss construction. Great for gifts, too!
|Number of Pages||80|
|Number of Illustrations||370|
|Dimensions||8.50" x 11.00" x .25"|
|Publisher||American Quilter's Society|
- Question for Marianne Brown — Review by Virginia
- Purses Bags and Totes — Review by Marianne Brown
This book has lots of great patterns, photos and directions that are somewhat useful. I just made the Moon bag and it took me and 2 other experienced seamstresses three hours to figure out the installation of the top zipper. I have sewn for 58 years and the combined experience in years was 150 years. There are six steps missing in that zipper process. I am making the three layer bag this week and will let you know. The moon bag is a beautiful finished product, but it was an agonizing trek to the end.
Since your are selling the book over the internet you need to understand the internet's reach as international. I live in Panama, I do not have washable tape or those little "clippy things". Alternate solutions to high tech supplies would be helpful. Also, 35 million Hispanics live in the U.S. Sewing is huge in Latin America, your books need to be translated for that market. It is enormous and the women LOVE to sew. (Posted on 6/21/13)
- Purses, Bags & Totes — Review by Kathie R Kerler
- The most striking feature among the ten bags are the fabrics. They are bold, bright and graphic, and several bags show unexpected combinations of geometric prints. Another great feature of the book is the CD. The full-size patterns eliminate the need to enlarge patterns in the book either at home or at the copy shop. (Posted on 1/6/13)
- Purses, Bags & Totes — Review by pjmartin
- I used to carry nice, leather purses until my back kept going out. Then I discovered how lightweight fabric purses are and I make all of my purses now. This is a great book, with not only purse, patterns, but also a backpack, tote bags, messenger bag, and several others. The patterns are all included on a CD. The instructions are very detailed and what I love–there are lots and lots of photos that show you how to get thru each step. It's going to be difficult deciding which bag I should make first. I think it will be the Fresh Shoulder Bag tho. (Posted on 12/31/12)