You have no items in your shopping cart.
Never make a boring quilt again! Why leave a quilt well enough alone when you can adorn and enrich it with embellishments? This handy guide to embellishing includes tips on how to make your own embellishments as well as how to employ them on quilt surfaces. Once you've mastered ways to make and use embellishments, Terry floods your imagination with an entire chapter of 100 additional embellishments! You'll never have an excuse for a plain quilt again.
|Number of Pages||96|
|Number of Illustrations||264|
|Dimensions||8.50" x 11.00" x .25"|
|Publisher||American Quilter's Society|
- Enhance Your Quilts - Embellish! by Terry White — Review by Patti Ives, TAS Newsletter
- Terry White coined the phrase “Embelishmentality” to describe a frame of mind and a way to work. Adding small items like beads, stitching or other items to your work is quite a trend in quilting these days. Terry’s book will help you learn how to use the many decorative stitches on your machine to build a stitch set to use on your piece. She also explains the different feet for your machine as well as demonstrates methods to use them. Fabrics, beads, threads, yarn and other baubles are also discussed with tons of fun ideas on how to put these techniques to use. There are more than 100 examples of creative ways for you to use all the little treasures you have been collecting. Learn how to make your own tassels and bead drops. 3-D appliqué is also a technique I am sure you will find interesting. The final chapter of the book shows examples of each technique demonstrated in the book and serve as a terrific reference. (Posted on 3/8/12)
- Embellish! — Review by Vivian Benton
- There is no shortage of embellishment ideas in this book to assist you in taking your quilt from nice to amazing! Terry uses rickrack, beads, trims, yarn, buttons, etc. to show you how to "kick your quilt up a notch." Want to use buttons on your quilt but don’t want to spend a lot of money on the fancy ones in the stores? Not to worry! Terry shows you how to wrap buttons with different kinds of thread to make them very, very attractive. And whoever thought a yo-yo could be interesting? She has done so. There’s so much in this book I could point out, but I think you should just go out and buy it...you'll be glad you did. (Posted on 1/4/12)
- The focus is on embellishments! — Review by James A. Cox, Editor-in-Chief
- “Enhance Your Quilts - Embellish!” packs in over a hundred examples of creative quilt embellishments and variations and tells how to use a machine’s specialty feet and decorative stitches to achieve unusual textures and patterns. The focus on embellishments allows for an in-depth survey of fabrications, appliqué possibilities, beads, tassels and much more, with color photos packing every page with examples.--James A. Cox, Editor-in-Chief, The Midwest Book Review, California Bookwatch, December 2011. (Posted on 12/21/11)
- Enhance Your Quilts - Embellish! — Review by Anonymous
- Have you reached a "plateau" in quilt making. Looking for a new challenge. How about beads, threads, embroidery, pieces of memorabilia. This book will help you do it. Think outside the box. (Posted on 10/4/11)