You have no items in your shopping cart.
Learn to use all of the stitches that come with your sewing machine. Go past straight stitches and zigzags, and pump your quilts with surface design excitement. Appealing not only to the beginning quilter, this book will remind every quilter of all the choices available at her/his fingertips. Written for any brand of machine, Karen shows you how to use and manipulate those stitches to maximize surface embellishment. Practice on 12 small projects, then combine decorative stitch techniques to make two larger wallhangings.
|Number of Pages||96|
|Number of Illustrations||145|
|Dimensions||8.50" x 11.00" x .25"|
|Publisher||American Quilter's Society|
- Your Machine's Decorative Stitches by Karen Linduska — Review by James A. Cox, Edtor-in-Chief
- "Your Machine's Decorative Stitches" tells how to create 12 small stitching projects using an easy step-by-step method, and is a winning guide for any beginner who would learn their sewing machine's decorative stitching. Learn how to alter decorative stitches, use the easy tables to lay out colors and stitch settings, and learn how to add texture with netting and more. Illustrations accompany the projects and make this a top pick for any collection! --James A. Cox, Editor-in-Chief, The Bookwatch, Midwest Book Review, June 2011. (Posted on 6/13/11)
- Your Machine's Decorative Stitches — Review by Vivian Benton
- Wow! Who would have thought one could be so creative using the decorative stitches on your machine! I love this book. Karen not only gives you a picture of all the 28 stitches she's used in the book, but she gives you lots of value information on each stitch, like how to change the length and width, how to taper the stitches to a point, and lots more. I have read the introductory section completely through and found her tips to be extremely helpful. I am excited to start a project using stitches on my machine I've never touched. Now that I have some background information, they don't seem nearly as daunting. (Posted on 4/28/11)
- Your Machine's Decorative Stitches — Review by Kathy Niemann
- My machine may not make all of these decorative stitches but I do have enough to make the some of the projects and they give me a whole new way of looking at my machine and what it can do. A fun book to have on that day when you wake up and want to try something new. (Posted on 4/16/11)