You have no items in your shopping cart.
Use one ingenious shape to make an endless variety of gently curved designs! Kathie Alyce brings contemporary movement to traditional quilt design with her tessellated 'flip flop block' technique. One simple, gently curved shape provides unlimited design possibilities-and sewing ease-when it's flipped and flopped. Twelve projects ranging from small wallhangings to queen bed quilts can be adjusted to individual taste for size with seven options (and your imagination). More than 40 color photos illustrate this super simple design and lead you straight to making your own fascinating flip flop block quilts. Great for beginners and quick-and-easy quilters. See what happens when this amazingly versatile shape is applied to Rail Fence, Pinwheel, New York Beauty, Charm, and Log Cabin blocks. Then hold your breath for how easy it is to create a stunning version of a Double Wedding Ring!
|Number of Pages||64|
|Number of Illustrations||123|
|Dimensions||8.50" x 11.00" x .20"|
|Publisher||American Quilter's Society|
- Flip Flop Block Quilts by Kathie Alyce — Review by James A. Cox, Edtor-in-Chief
- FLIP FLOP BLOCK QUILTS covers the basics of curved piecing techniques that use NO pinning, clipping or notching. Instead, one shape makes a variety of curved designs and comes from a quilter who blends her modern technique with traditional designs in some 18 projects ranging from placemats to queen-size bed quilts. --James A. Cox, Editor-in-Chief, The California Bookwatch, Midwest Book Review, February 2011. (Posted on 2/13/11)
- Flip Flop Block Quilts — Review by Vivian Benton
I purchased the flip flop template from Kathie Alyce a few years ago at market. I thought it was a clever, yet simple, little tool for making interesting blocks. It was not until her book came out that I realized just how versatile this tool is. But, you don't need the tool to make the designs; she provides a template in the book.
The curved designs are "gentle" enough to not stress you out as there's no clipping or notching or pinning! The design variations are very nice. I absolutely love the half & half blocks. (Posted on 12/17/10)
- Flip Flop Block Quilts — Review by Kathy Niemann
- Gentle curves that are easy to sew turn a basic rail fence into something more contemporary. A simple shape template to cut shapes that fit into each other like a tessellating puzzle. Beginner's can do it. (Posted on 12/7/10)