You have no items in your shopping cart.
Create challenging pieced patterns with the ease of machine appliqué! No more set-in seams! No more curved piecing! No more losing tiny triangle points in seam allowances! Ann and Joyce share their love of traditional blocks and quilts and simple straight piecing. Their easy-to-do satin-stitch machine appliqué mimics intricate piecing without the cutting and sewing through clever placement of basic shapes such as squares and triangles. In addition to explaining this oh-so-simple method perfect for beginners, these sisters show an alternate size and colorway for each of the 11 projects and a gallery of seven more quilts to stimulate your own adaptations of their technique. Patterns and templates make recreating their quilts a snap and designing your own projects super simple. Forget bulky seams, bulging curves, and lopped-off points. You can have precision in your most sophisticated pieced tops, create complex-looking blocks in a snap, and your friends will all say, 'I can't believe it's not piecing!'
|Number of Pages||80|
|Number of Illustrations||167|
|Dimensions||8.50" x 11.00" x .25"|
|Publisher||American Quilter's Society|
- Seely & Stewart's "I Can't Believe It's Not Piecing" — Review by James A. Cox, Edtor-in-Chief
- Ann Seely and Joyce Stewart's I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S NOT PIECING! tells how to create challenging pieced patterns with machine applique. Some ten projects, each shown with an alternate size and color scheme, accompanies a gallery of 9 additional quilts to make for a fine survey of easy machine quilting that mimics piecing. --James A. Cox, Editor-in-Chief, The Bookwatch, Midwest Book Review, March 2011. (Posted on 3/11/11)
- I Can't believe It's Not Piecing! — Review by Vivian Benton
- Really! I can't either. But it isn't! Ann Seely and Joyce Stewart have certainly made it easier to create beautiful quilts in half the time. How? With their smart combination of straight-seam piecing and machine appliqué. This is certainly a new way to look at pieced blocks. The only piecing required is some simple, straight piecing. That along with a few simple blanket stitches and zigzags and your quilts will have the looks of a professional. (Posted on 10/19/10)
- I Can't Believe It's Not Piecing — Review by Kathy Niemann
- Fusible web is not just for appliqué anymore. This technique allows the quiltmaker to make tiny quilts without sewing little pieces. The appliquéd version of a miniature wedding ring, seems like THE WAY to make one. It is fun to make something a new way. (Posted on 10/16/10)