You have no items in your shopping cart.
Create your own machine-pieced quilt masterpiece! Inspired by the stunning mosaic floors of the Truro Cathedral in England, Jean has developed piecing techniques for everyone to re-create those fabulous designs in fabric. Her clear, step-by-step instructions will guide the quiltmaker through the entire process. Starting with a simple star design, Jean shows you how to draft directly onto freezer paper and mark, number, and use the pattern to sew perfectly matched pieces. Nine stunning projects ranging from simple to detailed and from small to large are designed to appeal to quilters of all skill levels. Using Jean's meticulous freezer-paper piecing instructions will result in perfectly flat quilts. rfectly flat quilts. A CD of master patterns is included.
|Number of Pages||96|
|Number of Illustrations||164|
|Dimensions||8.50" x 11.00" x .25"|
|Publisher||American Quilter's Society|
- Masterful Machine Pieced Quilts — Review by James A. Cox, Edtor-in-Chief
- MASTERFUL MACHINE PIECED QUILTS by Jean Biddick comes with a pattern CD inside and tells how to create machine-pieced quilts and masterpieces inspired by the mosaic floors of the Truro Cathedral in England. Freezer-paper piecing instructions tell how to create mosaic designs in fabric, with step-by-step instructions surveying the entire process for creating nine quilt projects. Recommended for all quilter levels of experience. --James A. Cox, Editor-in-Chief, The California Bookwatch, Midwest Book Review, December 2010. (Posted on 1/15/11)
- Masterful Machine Pieced Quilts — Review by Kathy Niemann
- The book is a treasure just for the pictures of these gorgeous quilts. Expert designs and piecing not for the faint of heart. The great news is that the author is also a good teacher and can really explain to a novice (some piecing experience needed) so that even I could make something this wonderful. A CD is included with full size patterns. Love that! (Posted on 3/23/10)
- Masterful Machine Pieced Quilts — Review by Vivian Benton
- Jeanne Biddick has done a wonderful job of interpreting the tiles in the Truro Cathedral in England into quilt patterns. It's fortunate she recognized early on that these patterns would require more than your basic piecing techniques so she set out to find a method that would work. That method is freezer-paper piecing. Though at first intimidated by the complicated look of these designs, I found the free-paper piecing method to be perfect for these kinds of patterns. You won't breeze through these quilts in a weekend, so they are not for anyone who needs to get something done fast. The technique is detailed and exacting, but she gives us a small project to get us started. I am excited to begin one of these "masterful" quilts. (Posted on 3/11/10)
- Masterful Machine Pieced Quilts — Review by Barbara Polston
- Jean Biddick’s latest book, Masterful Machine Pieced Quilts, centers on creating quilts based on intricate geometric patterns found in mosaic work. Whether or not these patterns appeal to you, the book is a master class in creating stunning piece work. Follow Jean’s detailed step by step instructions and you will not only be able to create your own patterns, but are insured that your quilt tops will lie flat and smooth. Jean starts you off with a simple star design and takes you through projects that will amaze your friends and astound quilt judges. These techniques will be sure to improve your precision and skill. Highly recommended, especially for those who strive for perfection; it lies within these pages. (Posted on 3/10/10)
- Masterful Machine Pieced Quilts — Review by Lois Lubsen Griffin
- Jean is the best machine piecer I have ever met...congrats on the new book Jean! --Lois Lubsen Griffin (Posted on 3/5/10)