You have no items in your shopping cart.
Celebrate every month of the year with Crazy Patchwork by Alice Wilhoit. Alice shows you how to create a basic foundation-pieced crazy patch block with fabrics representing any one of the 12 months gemstones and flowers. Next, you ll learn how to embellish the blocks with style your style! Use laces, ribbons, trims, buttons, beads, charms, trinkets, jewelry, and more. Make one-of-a-kind quilts everyone will adore. Crazy Patchwork also includes directions to make a pillow, mantle scarf or block suitable for framing. You will be able to make gifts to commemorate births, birthdays, weddings, anniversaries, graduations, and more! The sky' s the limit on the versatility of this easy-to-make crazy patchwork quilt project. Want something different? Follow the directions to make a pillow, mantle scarf, or block suitable for framing and gifting. Alice Wilhoit has taught quiltmaking for 20 years, and was inspired to write this book for her favorite students beginners to give them a personalized start in creating their own works of art. The mother of seven grown children and grandmother to six, she lives with her husband, Bill, in McKinney, Texas.
|Number of Pages||80|
|Number of Illustrations||131|
|Dimensions||8.50" x 11.00" x .20"|
|Publisher||American Quilter's Society|
- Crazy Patchwork — Review by Connie Krochmal
- This release by Alice Wilhoit is a great title for novice quilters. It adds a new twist to crazy quilts by presenting a gorgeous flower and gemstone quilt block for each month. These appliquéd blocks are foundation pieced. In addition to the flower quilt blocks, this book features three projects using the blocks. These include a framed picture, a throw pillow, and a mantle scarf. This title has step by step directions for all of the crazy quilt techniques, including foundation piecing. One chapter presents the various methods of embellishing crazy quilts, such as embroidery and appliqué.--Connie Krochmal, BellaOnline, www.bellaonline.com/articles (Posted on 11/10/10)
- These wonderful quilts are like jewels in your quilt collection. — Review by Patti Ives, The Appliqué Society
and any embellishment you would like as you create your own family treasure. The book has all the appliqué patterns used to create the blocks of the month. Instructions for both basic appliqué and needle turn appliqué. The drawings for the embroidery stitches are done for righthanded people, if you are left-handed you will need to reverse the instructions. --Patti Ives, "The Appliqué Society" Newsletter, Jan/Feb 2010, page 15. (Posted on 1/26/10)
- Crazy Patchwork by Alice Wilhoit — Review by Quilter's Newsletter Magazine
- A fresh look at crazy quilts — Review by American Quilt Retailer
- Crazy Patch Book — Review by Cathi Harry