You have no items in your shopping cart.
Quilt by machine or by hand? Both! is the resounding answer from this talented and creative quilter. Learn how to successfully incorporate hand and machine quilting in the same quilt to add visual interest to your projects. Guidelines for planning your quilting, including thread and design selection, will enable you to choose the best techniques to get the best results. A myriad of hand and machine quilting designs and methods are shown including backgrounds, borders, and more. A variety of quilting projects, complete with patterns, instructions, and full-size quilting patterns, provide lots of opportunities to try out different quilting methods and motifs.
|Number of Pages||112|
|Number of Illustrations||141|
|Dimensions||8.50" x 11.00" x .25"|
|Publisher||American Quilter's Society|
- Alas — Review by Anonymous
- I paid full price when I purchased this book several years ago. There is actually much less content than appears, thanks to wide borders that add nothing in the way of information or examples. Many of the photographed samples feature poor work. Unfortunately, this book is not up to the standards of Anita Shackelford's beautiful work, and it seems to have been rushed into print before sufficient expertise was developed. (Posted on 1/3/12)
- Review of A Modern Mix Machine & Hand Quilting — Review by Kit Robinson
- Review of A Modern Mix — Review by Quilters Newsletter Magazine
- Review of A Modern Mix: Machine & Hand Quilting — Review by Anonymous
- Review of A Modern Mix — Review by BellaOnline, Connie Krochmal